Tuesday 31 August 2010

Algerian Chronicles

Algerian Chronicles
Author: Albert Camus
Edition:
Binding: Hardcover
ISBN: 0674072588



Algerian Chronicles


More than fifty years after Algerian independence, Albert Camus' Algerian Chronicles appears here in English for the first time. Get Algerian Chronicles literature books for free.
Published in France in 1958, the same year the Algerian War brought about the collapse of the Fourth French Republic, it is one of Camus' most political works-an exploration of his commitments to Algeria. Dismissed or disdained at publication, today Algerian Chronicles, with its prescient analysis of the dead end of terrorism, enjoys a new life in Arthur Goldhammer's elegant translation. "Believe me when I tell you that Algeria is where I hurt at this moment," Camus, who was the most visible symbol of France's troubled relationship with Algeria, writes, "as others feel pain in their lu Check Algerian Chronicles our best literature books for 2013. All books are available in pdf format and downloadable from rapidshare, 4shared, and mediafire.

download

Algerian Chronicles Download


Published in France in 1958, the same year the Algerian War brought about the collapse of the Fourth French Republic, it is one of Camus' most political works-an exploration of his commitments to Algeria "Believe me when I tell you that Algeria is where I hurt at this moment," Camus, who was the most visible symbol of France's troubled relationship with Algeria, writes, "as others feel pain in their lu

Related Literature Books


The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914


The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914 is historian Christopher Clark's riveting account of the explosive beginnings of World War I.Drawing on new scholarship, Clark offers a fresh look at World War I, focusing not on the battles

The Enchanted Wanderer: and Other Stories


The award-winning translators of Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Chekhov, and Gogol now bring us a Russian writer ripe for rediscovery, whose earthy and exuberant stories, famous in his own country, have never before been adequately translated into English.

Albert Camus: Elements of a Life


"Like many others of my generation, I first read Camus in high school. I carried him in my backpack while traveling across Europe, I carried him into (and out of) relationships, and I carried him into (and out of) difficult periods of my life. More r

No comments:

Post a Comment